Celebration Women's Month March 1, 2018
As a society, we are touch deprived and this can lead to disease or emotional dysfunction. While the physical symptoms are more easily identified, there are many emotional symptoms as well and may be more difficult to identify. Massage can help to reduce stress and lessen anxiety to promote overall better health and well-being.
As a healing tool, massage has been around for thousands of years in many cultures. Touching is a natural human reaction to pain and stress, and for conveying compassion and support. Think of the last time you bumped your head or had a sore calf. What did you do? Rubbed it, right? The same was true of our earliest ancestors. Healers throughout time and throughout the world have instinctually and independently developed a wide range of therapeutic techniques using touch. Many are still in use today, and with good reason. We now have scientific proof of the benefits of massage - benefits ranging from treating chronic diseases and injuries to alleviating the growing tensions of our modern lifestyles. Having a massage does more than just relax your body and mind - there are specific physiological and psychological changes which occur, even more so when massage is utilized as a preventative, frequent therapy and not simply mere luxury. "Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are."
Meridian Body Massage $70 (regular $115)
To Learn more, please contact us by phone 604-602-7183 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Springs WorkshopFebruary 18, 2018
Come in to Spa Diva, enjoying a warm Sea Salt foot soak, treat your soles with a nourishing foot scrub, follow by nail care treatment then balance your senses and ground yourself as your feet are massaged through finger point pressure. Reflexology relieves tension throughout your body through corresponding reflex points on your feet. Wonderful for decreasing pain and stress as well as giving some much needed TLC on your feet.
* ADD-ON TO THIS TREATMENT:
Callus Remover $20
Shellac or Gel Remover $20
Thought for the moment...February 14, 2018
Without hatred, bliss appears; without grudges, joy is here.
^¡^ Namaste ^!^
Scheduling an appointment:
Facial Treatment with High Frequency
HF facial treatment is using direct high frequency currents that generate warmth in the skin and stimulate nerve endings, in turn increasing blood circulation, nourishing the skin and improving product penetration within the skin.
How does HF work?
It consists of a high frequency machine with a glass electrode attachment filled with either argon gas (blue/ violet colour) or neon gas (orange/red color). By placing the glass electrode on the skin, a germicidal and drying effect is created that kills bacteria and eliminates excess sebum (for oily skin) and a warming effect is created that increases activity in the glands and nourishes the skin (for dry skin). Some minor side effects may be a tingling feeling in the skin (if wearing metal jewelry) and a metal aftertaste (due to inconsequential effects on metal fillings).
Benefits from HF:
- Improves the condition of oily areas, Drying excess oil/seborrhea
- Anti-bacterial and germicidal: Helps destroy any bacteria present through the creation of ozone which has an anti-bacterial, germicidal effect on the surface of the skin
- Increases cellular activity/metabolism
- Improves the moisture balance of the skin
- Improves the appearance of the skin as well as a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, non-surgical "face lifts"
- Healing, increased blood flow and warmth
** Should NOT use if pregnant, a history of heart disease, have a pacemaker and avoid using AHA or Glycolic Acid. **
- pearl powder when applied on the skin boost the growth of cells and your cells rejuvenate faster,
- the collagen which helps to keep skin firm is also regenerated making your skin tight,
- is also an ant-ageing powder and diminishes signs of aging. If you have any blemishes to acne spots that will also be reduced,
- skin that has been damaged by the sun can also be healed by it, as well as fine line air wrinkles that are due to the sun.
Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- a natural glycosaminoglycan (polysaccharides that are an important component of connective tissue) and can be derived from multiple resource, and foods,
- it plays a critical role in the skin health with its unique ability to hold in moisture (1000ml of water per gram of hyaluronic acid),
- is also a “smart nutrient” as it can adjust its moisture absorption rate based on the humidity-relative to the season and the climate,
- forms an air permeable layer and penetrates into the dermis, thus boosting the elasticity and hydration of the skin,
- the protective barriers on the skin locks in moisture, which gives the skin a youthful appearance.
Vitamin C Powder
- increase collagen production in the skin, this helps reduce of wrinkles
brighten and tighten the skin,
- reduce the effects of negative sun exposure,
- mitigate some chlorine exposure,
- help skin repair itself.
HYDRATED THROUGHOUT THIS WINTER!
The colder climates can be tough on your skin. Cold temperatures often mean low humidity, which dries out skin. Bitterly cold winds can also strip moisture from exposed skin. Also the holiday season come sooner to some of us and alcohol is a huge dehydrator which should try to limit your intake. Throughout the winter months and holiday season, many people find their skin to be rough, red, tightened, cracked or peeling because of dryness. To treat a mild case of dry skin at home, avoid taking long, hot showers, and apply a moisturizer daily. You can stay fully hydrated throughout the day by drinking water and other fluids, as well as eating foods that are hydrating.
Fruits are an excellent source for water. Watermelon is 90% water, so it ranks highest on the list. Oranges grapefruit, cantaloupe and honeydew are also strong contenders.
Vegetable, though not as full of water as fruit, can also provide a nutrient-rich water source. Stick with celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers and Romaine lettuce.
And if you are going to raise a glass or two, aim for a least a 3 to 1 ratio with water.
If you don't like the taste of plain water, try adding lemon, lime, raspberries or mint. Or coconut water would be another option.
*Have a well hydrated body* ^.^