Anti-Aging Hands TreatmentMarch 18, 2019
Do your hands and nails look and feel dry?
Hands often betray our age. Sunlight, the elements and the natural aging process all contribute to the development of fine lines and wrinkles. very often age even faster then the face. But you don't have to throw up your hands and give in without a fight. At Spa Diva, we have the collagen treatment to improve skin texture, hydration and surface smoothness. Enjoy beautiful nails and silky smooth hands.
The collage manicure begins with soaking your hands and nails in a warm coconut milk bath to soften cuticles. Once the nail beds and nails have received their proper pampering, hands and nails are massaged, deep tissue, with collagen serum, wrapped in paraffin, the warmth allows the collagen to absorb into the skin, making hands look smoother and feel softer. Treat your hands to a "facial" that would keep them looking as young as you feel.
Collagen Manicure $40*
*add-on polish application $10*
Thought for the moment...March 14, 2019
I am a student of myself:
Observations, Self-governing, Consideration and Moderation are keys in life.
"If the ability to tell right from wrong should have anything to do with the ability to think, then we must be able to 'demand' its exercise in every sane person no matter how erudite or ignorant." ~ Hannah Arendt
"Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything." ~ G.B. Shaw
^¡^ Namaste ^!^
Sparkling Eyes (*0*)March 1, 2019
Windows to your Eyes $40
A non-surgical eye lifting treatment to eliminate "crow's feet" in the eye area, it can also get rid of wrinkling that causes frown lines around the eye and above the brow, renewing your appearance as well as relaxing. Using Chinese Acu-pressure points technique combine with a "jump-start" muscle massage method for optimum result to release the tiredness, following by a herbal mask to nourish the delicate skin and to bring back the radiant. It helps to stimulate the Ajna chakra.
Scheduling an appointment:
Facial Treatment with High Frequency
HF facial treatment is using direct high frequency currents that generate warmth in the skin and stimulate nerve endings, in turn increasing blood circulation, nourishing the skin and improving product penetration within the skin.
How does HF work?
It consists of a high frequency machine with a glass electrode attachment filled with either argon gas (blue/ violet colour) or neon gas (orange/red color). By placing the glass electrode on the skin, a germicidal and drying effect is created that kills bacteria and eliminates excess sebum (for oily skin) and a warming effect is created that increases activity in the glands and nourishes the skin (for dry skin). Some minor side effects may be a tingling feeling in the skin (if wearing metal jewelry) and a metal aftertaste (due to inconsequential effects on metal fillings).
Benefits from HF:
- Improves the condition of oily areas, Drying excess oil/seborrhea
- Anti-bacterial and germicidal: Helps destroy any bacteria present through the creation of ozone which has an anti-bacterial, germicidal effect on the surface of the skin
- Increases cellular activity/metabolism
- Improves the moisture balance of the skin
- Improves the appearance of the skin as well as a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, non-surgical "face lifts"
- Healing, increased blood flow and warmth
** Should NOT use if pregnant, a history of heart disease, have a pacemaker and avoid using AHA or Glycolic Acid. **
- pearl powder when applied on the skin boost the growth of cells and your cells rejuvenate faster,
- the collagen which helps to keep skin firm is also regenerated making your skin tight,
- is also an ant-ageing powder and diminishes signs of aging. If you have any blemishes to acne spots that will also be reduced,
- skin that has been damaged by the sun can also be healed by it, as well as fine line air wrinkles that are due to the sun.
Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- a natural glycosaminoglycan (polysaccharides that are an important component of connective tissue) and can be derived from multiple resource, and foods,
- it plays a critical role in the skin health with its unique ability to hold in moisture (1000ml of water per gram of hyaluronic acid),
- is also a “smart nutrient” as it can adjust its moisture absorption rate based on the humidity-relative to the season and the climate,
- forms an air permeable layer and penetrates into the dermis, thus boosting the elasticity and hydration of the skin,
- the protective barriers on the skin locks in moisture, which gives the skin a youthful appearance.
Vitamin C Powder
- increase collagen production in the skin, this helps reduce of wrinkles
brighten and tighten the skin,
- reduce the effects of negative sun exposure,
- mitigate some chlorine exposure,
- help skin repair itself.
HYDRATED THROUGHOUT THIS WINTER!
The colder climates can be tough on your skin. Cold temperatures often mean low humidity, which dries out skin. Bitterly cold winds can also strip moisture from exposed skin. Also the holiday season come sooner to some of us and alcohol is a huge dehydrator which should try to limit your intake. Throughout the winter months and holiday season, many people find their skin to be rough, red, tightened, cracked or peeling because of dryness. To treat a mild case of dry skin at home, avoid taking long, hot showers, and apply a moisturizer daily. You can stay fully hydrated throughout the day by drinking water and other fluids, as well as eating foods that are hydrating.
Fruits are an excellent source for water. Watermelon is 90% water, so it ranks highest on the list. Oranges grapefruit, cantaloupe and honeydew are also strong contenders.
Vegetable, though not as full of water as fruit, can also provide a nutrient-rich water source. Stick with celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers and Romaine lettuce.
And if you are going to raise a glass or two, aim for a least a 3 to 1 ratio with water.
If you don't like the taste of plain water, try adding lemon, lime, raspberries or mint. Or coconut water would be another option.
*Have a well hydrated body* ^.^