Anti-Aging Hands TreatmentMay 1, 2018
Do your hands and nails look and feel dry?
Hands often betray our age. Sunlight, the elements and the natural aging process all contribute to the development of fine lines and wrinkles. very often age even faster then the face. But you don't have to throw up your hands and give in without a fight. At Spa Diva, we have the collagen treatment to improve skin texture, hydration and surface smoothness. Enjoy beautiful nails and silky smooth hands.
The collage manicure begins with soaking your hands and nails in a warm coconut milk bath to soften cuticles. Once the nail beds and nails have received their proper pampering, hands and nails are massaged, deep tissue, with collagen serum, wrapped in paraffin, the warmth allows the collagen to absorb into the skin, making hands look smoother and feel softer. Treat your hands to a "facial" that would keep them looking as young as you feel.
Collagen Manicure $40*
*add-on polish application $10*
Thought for the moment...May 1, 2018
"Hope is not optimism, which expects things to turn out well, but something rooted in the conviction that there is good worth working for." ~ Seamus Heaney
^¡^ Namaste ^!^
Spring WorkshopApril 3, 2018
Come in to Spa Diva, enjoying a warm Sea Salt foot soak, follow by nail care treatment then balance your senses and ground yourself as your feet are massaged through finger point pressure. Reflexology relieves tension throughout your body through corresponding reflex points on your feet. Wonderful for decreasing pain and stress as well as giving some much needed TLC on your feet.
* ADD-ON TO THIS TREATMENT:
Callus Remover $20
Shellac or Gel Remover $20
Scheduling an appointment:
Facial Treatment with High Frequency
HF facial treatment is using direct high frequency currents that generate warmth in the skin and stimulate nerve endings, in turn increasing blood circulation, nourishing the skin and improving product penetration within the skin.
How does HF work?
It consists of a high frequency machine with a glass electrode attachment filled with either argon gas (blue/ violet colour) or neon gas (orange/red color). By placing the glass electrode on the skin, a germicidal and drying effect is created that kills bacteria and eliminates excess sebum (for oily skin) and a warming effect is created that increases activity in the glands and nourishes the skin (for dry skin). Some minor side effects may be a tingling feeling in the skin (if wearing metal jewelry) and a metal aftertaste (due to inconsequential effects on metal fillings).
Benefits from HF:
- Improves the condition of oily areas, Drying excess oil/seborrhea
- Anti-bacterial and germicidal: Helps destroy any bacteria present through the creation of ozone which has an anti-bacterial, germicidal effect on the surface of the skin
- Increases cellular activity/metabolism
- Improves the moisture balance of the skin
- Improves the appearance of the skin as well as a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, non-surgical "face lifts"
- Healing, increased blood flow and warmth
** Should NOT use if pregnant, a history of heart disease, have a pacemaker and avoid using AHA or Glycolic Acid. **
- pearl powder when applied on the skin boost the growth of cells and your cells rejuvenate faster,
- the collagen which helps to keep skin firm is also regenerated making your skin tight,
- is also an ant-ageing powder and diminishes signs of aging. If you have any blemishes to acne spots that will also be reduced,
- skin that has been damaged by the sun can also be healed by it, as well as fine line air wrinkles that are due to the sun.
Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- a natural glycosaminoglycan (polysaccharides that are an important component of connective tissue) and can be derived from multiple resource, and foods,
- it plays a critical role in the skin health with its unique ability to hold in moisture (1000ml of water per gram of hyaluronic acid),
- is also a “smart nutrient” as it can adjust its moisture absorption rate based on the humidity-relative to the season and the climate,
- forms an air permeable layer and penetrates into the dermis, thus boosting the elasticity and hydration of the skin,
- the protective barriers on the skin locks in moisture, which gives the skin a youthful appearance.
Vitamin C Powder
- increase collagen production in the skin, this helps reduce of wrinkles
brighten and tighten the skin,
- reduce the effects of negative sun exposure,
- mitigate some chlorine exposure,
- help skin repair itself.